Sunday, January 31, 2010

Bloody Valentine; 7 days and counting

Just a week to go now to the big Ordo-Ineptus WHFB at Hobbytown in Brookfield, CT and I've been working like a fiend on models and terrain. (mostly terrain lately - my army has taken a back seat for a few days so I can knock out a bunch of the terrain stuff. I'll be focusing on them again in a couple days)
I've got one of the eight tables completely knocked out. The Skull Wastelands are now complete.

In the above picture, the terrain is layed out on a 3x3 space, but picture it spread out on a 6x4 with a grey battlemat. The temple of skulls in the upper right is a GW plastic kit. The gate of skulls atop the hill on the lower left is a forgeworld piece. The bone bridge was (I believe) an Armorcast, and the skull pillars were homemade terrain I bought from someone on ebay years back. The hill, river and bases for the rock pillars I built from scratch.
As for the other themed tables, I finished building the orc huts this week and spraycoated them all black. They're now ready for painting. The picture on the left was taken right after I did the sides and roof with fabric dipped in glue.








Below you can see them finished and ready for spray coating, along with some jungle trees that I put together with the help of some club members (and a junior club member), as well as the gallows I had built.


I also finished building the two rickety orc towers, seen below along with the in-progress rivers from the Skull Wastelands board.


Yesterday I constructed a pyramid for the desert table, a ziggurat for the Lustria table, and have a couple hills, more rivers, some roads, and a waterfall scheduled for finishing today along with the painting of the pyramid and ziggurat.


I'm hoping to get some help painting up the orc huts and towers tomorrow at gaming night, and then I'll have the orc and lustria tables finished, and once the gallows and roads are finished the village table will be done as well. Since the 'Death and Mud' and 'Ogre's Teeth Pass' tables are all made of terrain I had built a couple months back, the only tables that will still need to be finished in the final days before the tournament are the winterscape and desert boards.

1 comment: